C719 JOE back on the road

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

C719 JOE back on the road

Postby Moneypit » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Actually it's been back on the road for the last 2 weeks.
All seems to be going fairly well!
Had to fit a replacement radiator, tidy the dash a little, replace the brake pads and sort out the drivers side door.

Still got the Metro wheels on but I'll keep them 'till the tyres need replacing.

The carpet's out on the drivers side as I'm still getting water coming in. Though the weather lately has been pretty testing.
This causes plenty of condensation on the inside of the screen in the morning but after an initial wipe the demister seems to cope ok!

Drivers side window mechanism was a problem. The aluminium mounting lugs were broken and the glass wouldn't go up and down squarely (seems like a common problem due to design).Managed to use an old mgb regulator and arms that my neighbour had.Fabricated an aluminium inner door skin to fit it to.Works quite nicely now.Passenger side is a problem too.I'll hopefully sort this when I have more time.

I couldn't remove the front bumper easily due to the usual problems but managed to get the radiator out. Made some brackets to fit it back in. Not as pretty as the 'helicopter' ones I've seen on here but work fine.
Hopefully a couple of photos are attached
Attachments
dsc05639-web.jpg
dsc05639-web.jpg (499.26 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
Photo-0096.jpg
Photo-0096.jpg (282.43 KiB) Viewed 3680 times
Photo-0092.jpg
Photo-0092.jpg (489.98 KiB) Viewed 3680 times
Moneypit

Re: C719 JOE back on the road

Postby Hans Efde » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:04 am

Moneypit wrote:The carpet's out on the drivers side as I'm still getting water coming in.

Perhaps the seals of the hardtop? Mine has just the softtop and it has a sort of flap over the top window edge. Even with small gaps in the corners this car stays bone dry in the rain. Very much to my surprise.
Hans Efde

Return to Mk 3 Convertible