Q269 UKG - Live.

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Q269 UKG - Live.

Postby max midas » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 pm

My little green monster is back from the dead after I blew her big end bearings going over Shap fell in 2004 (sounds like a pneumatic drill under the bonnet - not nice).
I finally abandoned one engine transplant idea last year when the garage I was using was taken away from me.
Since then I've rebuilt her more or less from the ground up with new brake pipes, re-built subframes, new mains, big ends, rings, primary drive bush, etc.
Getting her timed and fuelled correctly on Friday, then after 460 miles of running in, I'll be able to have fun again!
I have in mind to eventually go electronic with megajolt or maybe even megasquirt, though not sure if injection would be worth the effort on a 5 port head (any advice anyone?).
In the immediate future the interior needs plenty of work, then a new paint job sometime (80,000 miles take their toll), but for now the grin factor is enough .
max midas

Re: Q269 UKG - Live.

Postby manifold » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:01 pm

great stuff. Nice to hear another Midas is back up on the road. Get some pictures up (use photobucket) for all to see. ;)
Midas Cars Forum & Facebook Page Founder

Midas Gold Convertible: 1380 steel 16v KAD & 5 sp dog box, Titanium mania, KAD fr/rear callipers, CF Steering

Midas Gold Coupe: 1380 7 port xflow, SC/CR gearbox, Titanium mania, CF Steering & seats.
manifold

Return to Mk 3 Convertible