David Johnson

This section is to provide Midas Owners Club News.

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

David Johnson

Postby ACourtney » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:47 am

It is with much sadness that I have to inform the club members that David Johnson passed away yesterday.

David's cancer was only diagnosed shortly before Stoneleigh and whilst he was not quite his usual self there, he was still able to enjoy that weekend and also the Prescott event, the following weekend.
Sadly the cancer had already spread before he was able to receive any treatment and David took a turn for the worse last week. He was taken into Southmead Hospital and passed away peacefully yesterday with his wife, Jean, and sons by his side.

I am sure that all Midas owners will join me in offering our condolences to Jean and the rest of his family.
ACourtney

Re: David Johnson

Postby Rich » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Sad news indeed Alastair, my thoughts are with Davids family and friends.
Rich

Postby PeteH » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Really sorry to hear this. David was such a nice chap. My thoughts are with his family.
PeteH

Postby benofbrum » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Must have taken great guts and determination to drive the way he did at Prescott on the 50th anniversary of his first drive up the hill only three weeks ago. A wonderful last memory for his wife, son and grandchildren who rode with him.
benofbrum

Postby b1zbaz » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:41 pm

Really sorry to hear about this my heart goes out to his family he was an excellent bloke sad sad loss
b1zbaz

Postby moss » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:17 pm

HI,
Davids funeral is at South Bristol crem at 10.30am followed by light snacks at the Louisian Pub at the end of bathhurst Parade
could we give him a good send off
tony moss hon sec Midas Owners Club
moss

Postby moss » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi
sorry i forgot its Tuesday 16th June at 10.30am
tony
moss

Postby kelvink » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:40 pm

Very sad to hear the news and somewhat a shock too given how he was doing so much at Stoneleigh as usual putting his heart and soul into things for the club for the benefit of us the membership. David will be sorely missed I'm sure of that.

I hope we can at least step into his shoes in some small way and do that bit extra for the club as a mark of respect for all his efforts in the many ways he got on and did things for the club and fellow Midas owners.

If there's something I can do to help the committee again then I will do so.

Thank you David, Sir. It was an honour to have met you
Kelvin

Attachments
DavidJandMichaelH.JPG
David with his friend and colleague Michael
DavidJandMichaelH.JPG (151.17 KiB) Viewed 19091 times
kelvink

Postby jacrows » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Sorry to hear the very sad news. He was a truly individual character who will be missed by the club and all who knew him.
Both Jackie and I wish his wife our sincere condolences.
jacrows

Postby moss » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:51 am

Hi all,
Yesterday a small group of Midas members said goodbye to David at his funeral in Bristol with their cars Alister courtney, Mike Perkins Neil and myself, There were lots of people there from his friends and family
followed by a Reception by at which we all had and exchanged stories about a man who would help any one at the drop of a hat would help or give advice
rest in peace
such a nice bloke
tony moss
hon sec
midas owners club
moss

Return to Midas Owners Club News