Club events calendar 2016

This section is to provide Midas Owners Club News.

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Club events calendar 2016

Postby ACourtney » Thu May 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Somehow this was rather neglected during the AGM, so here is the proposed calendar for the rest of the year.

14/15 May - Prescott Classic Car Event, Prescott Hill - booking details geoffkimber@btinternet.com Club contact: Michael Horsley

29th May – Gaydon Festival of Transport, Gaydon, Warwickshire – Club contact: Tony Moss

5th June – National Metro and Mini Show, Gaydon, Warwickshire – Club contact: Tony Moss

18/19 June - Bristol Classic Car Show, Shepton Mallet - Club contact: Tony Moss

25th June - Classic Kit and Retro Action Day, Castle Combe - organised by CKC magazine - Club contact Alistair Courtney

24th July - Factory open day and club bbq, Enstone - Club contact: Alistair Courtney

4th September - Rare Breeds Show, Haynes Motor Museum, Sparkford. Club contact - Michael Horsley

11th September - National Mini Show, Stanford Hall - Club contact: Richard Streets

17th September - Mini Action Day, Castle Combe - Club contact: Tony Moss

5/6 November - Classic Vehicle Restoration Show, Shepton Mallet - Club contact: Tony Moss

These are the dates that the committee discussed during the meeting at Gaydon back in March. More information about each event will be posted in the MOC events area.
I have posted them in this section to invite discussion, volunteers etc.

Tony Moss and Alan Donowho will be attending the Moffat Rally on June 25th and 26th. I am waiting to hear back from Tony whether this should be listed as an official club event.

Also Complete Kit Car magazine are promoting Kit Car areas at some more Classic Car one day events. These are Ragley Hall Classic Motor Show on Monday 30th May and the Knebworth Classic Motor Show on Monday 29th August.
I'm tempted to do Ragley Hall on the 30th rather than the Gaydon Festival, the day before. I plan to do the new National Metro and Mini Show at Gaydon on 5th June and don't feel the need to go there two weekends running!

If anyone else wants to suggest a show for the club to back then contact me, or Tony Moss by PM.
Last edited by ACourtney on Fri May 20, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACourtney

Re: Club events calendar 2016

Postby Jin » Sat May 07, 2016 8:58 am

Do you have to book for the open day or just turn up?
I've run it by the boss and so far so good
https://easywider.co.uk/ universal flexible wheel arch extensions
Jin

Postby kelvink » Sat May 07, 2016 1:42 pm

Jin wrote:Do you have to book for the open day or just turn up?

I dare say you can book if you wanted to but you'll be the only person doing so ;-)

If you are in a Midas you won't be allowed past the workshop without coming in and being interrogated. Once that's done you'll be given food and water to satisfy the Geneve convention. That's usually what seems to happen when I've gone along anyways.
kelvink

Postby moss » Sat May 07, 2016 3:51 pm

just to update on the Bristol classic show there will be a stock car race and showing classic cats from the tv and films i will have 4 free tickets for grabs for the display in the hall
tony
moss

Postby moss » Sat May 07, 2016 3:52 pm

just to update on the Bristol classic show there will be a stock car race and showing classic cars from the tv and films i will have 4 free tickets for grabs for the display in the hall
tony
moss

Postby Jin » Sat May 07, 2016 5:53 pm

kelvink wrote:
Jin wrote:Do you have to book for the open day or just turn up?

I dare say you can book if you wanted to but you'll be the only person doing so ;-)

If you are in a Midas you won't be allowed past the workshop without coming in and being interrogated. Once that's done you'll be given food and water to satisfy the Geneve convention. That's usually what seems to happen when I've gone along anyways.

Good enough for me :)
https://easywider.co.uk/ universal flexible wheel arch extensions
Jin

Return to Midas Owners Club News