Heated front Windscreen project for Mk 1, 2 & 3 (Group Buy)

Here you can natter about anything and everything!

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Re: Heated front Windscreen project for Mk 1, 2 & 3 (Group B

Postby Geoff Butcher » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:58 pm

I'd also like a rubber.
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby Alan D. » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:21 pm

Kinky devil
Alan D.

Postby benofbrum » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:13 am

Essential safety equipment for a babe magnet like a Mk1, I would have thought
benofbrum

Postby Alan D. » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:36 pm

Hello All,
I've ordered the eleven windscreens, and I am paying for them next week. But I need about sixteen screens, so getting a price for a further ten screens. So that means I will have about five or six spare screens. The price at the moment is £275 collected from somewhere to be determined. I ordered the last screens in 2009, doesn't time fly!
Could you please confirm via a PM to me if you still require a screen.
Alan
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:57 am

I have eight screens with confirmed orders and have replied to everyone via a PM.
Alan
Alan D.

Postby dakasachal » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi Alan,

Probably doing something really basic wrong but I don't seem able to PM you! I would however still like a windscreen. Would it be possible for you to PM me so we can make arrangements for payment etc.

Regards

David
dakasachal

Postby Alan D. » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Hello again,
Good news, the screens are on there way to us and should be with us within about two weeks. I'm just going to pay for the screens, due to the short timescale, being that I would never manage to collect the money's in time. Then people can pay me when you collect, but it is always more complicated than this, due to geography. When you PM me, could you please give me some contact details and a real name, maybe a little hint as to whereabouts you are in the country. Sometimes people can buddy up for collection if they don't live too far away from each other for collection. It also allows people to make contact with other owners.
There are going to be 13 screens delivered and not 11, so I can make two more people happy. With regards to the tooling, I'm told that because they still have the screens they can copy the screens digitally and then reproduce the tooling from this digital image. (photocopying A screen!!!). Consequently I can order more screens at the same unit price of £275 per screen.
The status at the moment 11 Firm orders. So only two screens to go.

Alan
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:34 pm

dakasachal wrote:Hi Alan,

Probably doing something really basic wrong but I don't seem able to PM you! I would however still like a windscreen. Would it be possible for you to PM me so we can make arrangements for payment etc.

Regards

David

Hi David,
I've sent you a message via a PM. but if you look over to right of this screen you will see a little PM under my name and you can contact me by clicking this button. Don't worry, not being in the first flus of youth, I struggle with these things all of the time.
Alan
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Hello All,
13 windscreens have arrived in the UK, but one is broken, so we have 12 to distribute. If you would kindly contact me via the PM, sending me your personal email address, then I can send you my address. Then if you could please send me a cheque for £275. Could you also please indicate your whereabouts in the country, we can then try and arrange some sort of distribution. We have allsorts of transport organised for the screens in the past. From collection at Stoneleigh to people collecting two or three and then other Midas owners collecting from them,( a good way to meet other owners) my daughter lives in London and she has transported them to her flat for collection. Alistair has kindly offered to store some and people collect from him, but we have to get them to his workshop. Tony Moss our Hon.Sec. who is always kind and helpful has transported them to Alistair. If anyone lives in the frozen north, I can transport some back to Newcastle, our supplier is in Tamworth, he will hold some for collection, but needs clearance from me.
The screens travel best on the back set of your car, wrapped up in a blanket, with the seat belts holding them in place. The screens are vulnerable to breakage if you bang the outside edge.
So there we go that's 72 screens supplied to keep our funny little cars usable, hoping to see more cars at shows. I now have a usable Midas, so looking forward to meeting some of you. We can get more screens, so let me know if you would like to be part of a future order.
Regards Alan D.
Alan D.

Postby Alan D. » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:38 pm

All of the twelve screens have now been accounted for. so if any one else is interested it will have to be a new order. There will be a tooling charge on this order of approximately £300. This will not be too bad if it is split between ten or fifteen people.
PM me if you would like to go on the interested list.
Regards Alan
Alan D.

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat