Midas Cortez Coupe For Sale

Sell your old and unwanted parts here

Moderator: The Midas Forum Staff

Midas Cortez Coupe For Sale

Postby moon127 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:25 pm

With a heavy heart I feel the time is right now to advertise my Midas Mk4/Cortez having not had the time to put into it in recent years for a mix of family and work reasons.

The car is well known within the Owners Club, having been owned previously by David Johnson, and I would like to ensure it gets passed on to someone who will continue to look after it for that very reason!!

Well known black paint on white gel car, not the greatest paint but it's presentable from a few paces. Some star crazing here and there, including offside rear bumper (which is as I acquired it from David).

"Minimal" interior, 2 leather faced seats in red, otherwise mostly bare GRP, so could do with carpets. I've recently acquired and fitted a Metro glovebox and generally tidied the dash up some.

Metro GTi based, so 1.4 twin cam 16v K-series, 5 speed box - nice amount of low down grunt, cruises well.

When I acquired the car it had a leaking master cylinder, a few coolant leaks and a blowing exhaust. To that end I've fitted a new stock master cylinder and a second hand servo, a brand new radiator, plus a new downpipe and catalytic converter. After a couple of years off the road the car was recently recommissioned, and after swapping out a seized rear wheel cylinder now has a shiny new MOT. I also replaced a leaky sump gasket and gave it new plugs, rotor arm and dizzy cap at the time.

The car also had a few electrical gremlins, I've rectified many of these and the car is now running reliably and with the under dash wiring tidied up considerably. I've fitted a modern bluetooth stereo to fill the hole in the dash, and a small pod under the dash with digital voltmeter and 4xUSB sockets (see pics). The rear of the loom in the boot would have been next on my list, so one for the new owner!

4 good tyres, and I have another 4 spares that I got from David that will come with the car. I also have the new heated front screen that came with it, I have not had need to replace the existing screen so far, so again that comes with the car.

Just under 50k indicated on the clocks, which is accurate as far as I know and tallies with old MOT history.

The car could do with some general tidying and upgrading of the trim, but is a good solid base for fun motoring. I'll be sad to see it go, but work, and baby on the way force sale.

Having got it MOT'd recently it's now taxed and insured, so providing I am not working I'll try and get along to the Open Day on Sunday with it.

I've uploaded a few images of the car after recently acquiring it's MOT at https://gallery.woolridge.org.uk/Gareth/Midas-Ad/n-df6VDw/

I paid David his asking price of £1900 at the time in 2015. I've spent some since then on brakes, cooling and exhaust etc, but it's more important to me that it goes on to a good home, so £2000 offers.

Contact on 07917853729 or email: gareth@woolridge.org.uk
moon127

Re: Midas Cortez Coupe For Sale

Postby moon127 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Just filled her up for the run to the open day tomorrow, couldn't resist a good B-road blat back from the petrol station, making the mile journey into 10 or so! Brings a smile to your face for sure!!
moon127

Postby celicadave » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:10 pm

is cortez still for sale , whereabouts are you
celicadave

Postby ACourtney » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:27 am

The Cortez sold and went off to Estonia in early August.
ACourtney

Postby Geoff Butcher » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:35 pm

How many members in the Midas Ownres' Club of Estonia? ;)
Geoff
Geoff Butcher

Postby johno » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Just the one, but he does seem to have quite a few cars.
johno

Return to For sale